191 King Street East
The Cartwright House, built in 1832-33 and owned by Robert David Cartwright (grandson to Richard Cartwright, who was a member of the Legislative Council). Robert and his bride Harriet Dobbs of Dublin, Ireland moved to their new house in 1833; five children were born to them. This well-proportioned limestone house has multiple layers of heritage protection, including a Part IV individual designation, and also a Part V designation, as part of the Sydenham Heritage Conservation District (2015). In addition, a provincial easement was placed on the property in 1997.