- DATE: August, 2017
- LOCATION: 329 Division Street, Bishop’s Folly, Kingston
- PHOTO CREDIT: Frontenac Heritage Foundation
329 Division Street, Bishop’s Folly
Distinctive in this neighbourhood for its size, this large limestone structure currently stands camouflaged by many trees. Archdeacon George Okill Stuart had construction on this building started in 1861, but after he died in 1862, the building sat unfinished for many years. The plan of this ‘Bishop’s Folly’ is based on the transepts and apse of a church. The two- storey building built of smoothly dressed limestone with corner quoins, is completely symmetrical. Two large chimneys limestone chimneys are prominent when one views the front façade.