- DATE: August, 2017
- LOCATION: 52 and 56 Earl Street, Old Sydenham Heritage Conservation District
- PHOTO CREDIT: Jennifer McKendry
52 and 56 Earl Street, Old Sydenham Heritage Conservation District
‘The Winston’ as this brick row has been called since 1923, comprises two distinctly different architectural styles. No. 52 was designed in 1886 by Joseph Power for Dr. W. G. Anglin, and is known for its distinctive heavy stone and brick circle on the facade enclosing double windows. In 1905, No. 56 was constructed, with its symmetrically placed openings with no two alike.