- DATE: August, 2017
- LOCATION: Hales Cottages, 311- 313 King Street West, Kingston
- PHOTO CREDIT: City of Kingston
Hales Cottages, 311- 313 King Street West, Kingston
A row of five attached cottages, four of which survive, was constructed for Charles Hales in 1841 to rent to government officials at the time that Kingston was capital of Upper and Lower Canada. The cottages faced the road that connected Kingston to the resident of the Governor General at Alwington House, at that time a convenient location for the intended renters. Known as the Hales Cottages, two 311 and 313 were given awards in 2015, and much more information is provided under the Foundation’s Awards.