- DATE: August, 2017
- LOCATION: 223 King Street East, Kingston
- PHOTO CREDIT: City of Kingston
223 King Street East
Build in 1834, this two-storey, limestone building was constructed by John Solomon Cartwright to serve as a law office and residence for his law students and is linked to his residence at 221 King Street East. This building has multiple layers of heritage protection with not only municipal designation by-laws (both Part IV and V, being part of Old Sydenham Heritage District) but also a Heritage Trust easement dating to 1982. Currently lovingly cared for by Vivien and Howard Stone.